Author Spotlight: Margo Beehler
Name: Margo Beehler
Book: The Adventures of Minnie Lee and Her Underwater Friends
- Describe your book. A small, challenged girl named Minnie Lee–a blessing in disguise– helps the family and her sea turtle with her love.
- What made you want to write The Adventures of Minnie Lee and Her Underwater Friends? I wanted people to understand families with challenges and how to treat others with kindness. I work helping underprivileged children and adults.
- How long did it take you to write your book? One year.
- How do you choose the names of your characters? Minnielee’s name was chosen due to the fact she is small; Timmy was a good choice for a turtle…and the other sea animals just all fit together
- What do you do when you have writer’s block? I write in my cabana on the beach…I don’t get writer’s block.
- What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why? All of the chapters that show love and kindness are my favorite.
- If you were stuck on an island, who would you have with you and why? Anyone from the Survivor TV show
- Besides writing, what are your other interests? My other interests making art projects, gardening, playing piano and guitar and riding horses.
- Do you keep a journal? I do not keep a journal.
- How did you celebrate the publishing of The Adventures of Minnie Lee and Her Underwater Friends? I celebrated with champagne and steaks.
- If your book was made into a movie, who would play the main characters? There is a small girl here in my town in Mexico that would be perfect for the movie!
- What did you enjoy most about working with Dorrance Publishing? Dorrance was helpful and precise.
- Favorite book of all time? The Key
- One sentence of advice for other writers? Stick with it; if you feel it will work, it will.