Author Spotlight: Tom Walker
Name: Tom Walker
Hometown: Cedar City, Utah
Book: Put A Sock In It
Genre: Fiction, Education
- Describe your book in 10 words or less. A humorous historical book about teaching special education.
- What made you want to write Put A Sock In It? I did it for my family and friends who encouraged me to write it.
- How long did it take you to write your book? I worked on it for well over ten years.
- How do you choose the names of your characters? I used real first names only.
- What do you do when you have writer’s block? Sleep on it and ask others for help.
- What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why? Chapter Two because it tells about the funny things that happened in the classroom.
- If you were stuck on an island and had to have one person from each category with you, who would they be and why?
- One character from your book: Emery
- One fictional character: Huck Finn
- One famous person: Paul Newman
- Besides writing, what are your other interests? Hiking, camping, fishing, traveling
- Do you keep a journal? Yes.
- How did you celebrate the publishing of Put A Sock In It? We went out to dinner.
- If your book was made into a movie, who would play the main characters? My son and daughter.
- What did you enjoy most about working with Dorrance Publishing? They were very encouraging, patient, and professional.
- Five favorite books of all time? DaVinci Code, Angels and Demons, Undaunted, Fire and the Covenant, The Work, and The Glory Series.
- One sentence of advice for other writers? Never give up.