Author Spotlight: Sean Cusack
Name: Sean C. Cusack
Book: The Lost Sock
- Describe your book in 10 words or less. A little girl loses her favorite sock and goes on a quest to find it.
- What made you want to write The Lost Sock? I felt that it was a creative and imaginative idea that would be best expressed in a book.
- How long did it take you to write your book? A few hours.
- How do you choose the names of your characters? I thought of names that would be an appropriate fit.
- What do you do when you have writer’s block? I listen to my favorite music to get the creative juices flowing again.
- What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why? I enjoyed writing the part where the lead character is sleeping and has a dream where her Lost Sock appears. I believe that dreams sometimes blend with reality and offer us hope.
- If you were stuck on an island and had to have one person from each category with you, who would they be and why?
- One character from your book: Meowzer. Cats are great pets and make good companions.
- One fictional character: The Judge from Blood Meridian. He would keep me entertained and inspire me to be the best that I can in spite of being stranded on an island.
- One famous person: Beyoncé. I don’t think this requires much explanation.
- Besides writing, what are your other interests? Brainstorming new ideas for books, exercising, listening to music, watching and attending Cubs games, vacationing, and going to restaurants.
- Do you keep a journal? I do not keep a journal but my first two novels are non-fiction works based on my life experiences.
- How did you celebrate the publishing of The Lost Sock? Enjoying a Lou Malnati’s pizza.
- If your book was made into a movie, who would play the main characters? A very young person starting an early career in acting.
- What did you enjoy most about working with Dorrance Publishing? The ease of the process, the helpful staff, and the excitement of owning a well-made and high-quality book from a very professional and revered publisher.
- Five favorite books of all time? Blood Meridian, The Iceman, Brave New World, Devil in the White City, and Where the Wild Things Are.
- One sentence of advice for other writers? Write when you feel like it and write how you feel!